Ragan's Reviews > Mudhouse Sabbath

Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren F. Winner

F 50x66
Feb 13, 10

Read in February, 2010

I read this book aloud to me and my husband on a day trip yesterday. We both loved the book. Currently we are in a pentaostal denomination which is great, however, I am missing some of those basic disciplines that I grew up with that seem to be non existent in this denomination. This book reminded me of those things and why we need to have stable constant actions that keep us not to be too plainly put but in a routine. Repetition at it finest will bring us closer to the thing we are repeating. If that be a prayer of scripture and not a spontaneous prayer made up out of my mind then I feel that I am growing closer to God and not closer to being able to express my thoughts aloud for myself and others to hear. Just one of my side thoughts.... Another staple is setting a time for the Sabbath. When I was a child this was a practice that was not up for question. Now that I am an adult, I am realizing how badly I need to get back to the basics of liturgy, the basics of routine, the comfort of routine. Spontaneous is not always the best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mudhouse Sabbath.