Valerie's Reviews > The Thief

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: male-protagonist, fantasy
Read from June 05 to 12, 2011

If you haven't read the book yet (however many of you there are out there) I suggest you not read too many reviews. If you're anything like me it won't ruin the book because it is a great book but it will make it less special. Some reviewers kind of spoiled the book without meaning to. If the blurb sounds interesting enough just take the book and read it.

I'll just say that I thought the character Gen was funny and the remaining characters that go on the quest are great too. The magus (did he have a name? I can't remember) is cunning and a bit assuming, but loyal. Pol is also loyal and your oh so admirable silent and tough but good-hearted type. And Sophos is the most earnest lad. I loved reading the interactions between them. There's another man but I can't remember his name.

There is mythology (not the kind we know), no romance, and adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief.

06/05/2011
22.0% "He's actually pretty funny." 6 comments
06/06/2011
52.0% "I could really use a map."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olga (new) - added it

Olga Yeah... reviews might spoil it... thanks for the warning :D I'd go out and get the book but I'm stuck kinda far away from chapters right now :) and my ebook broke (oh dang)

Valerie You know, I probably should feel embarrassed that I had to ask my sister what you meant by "far away from chapters right now" but I got it now. And I'm sorry to hear about the ebook:(

message 3: by Olga (new) - added it

Olga :)

message 4: by Olga (new) - added it

Olga Actually, you most likely shouldn't care much about the ebook 'cuz I've worn out the 'turn the page' button already and spilt quite a lot of stuff onto it...

Valerie Haha, well you'll just have to go old school.

message 6: by Olga (new) - added it

Olga I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere concerning books in English : I'm on vacation (whoop whoop :D :D)

Valerie That's great! You know you could always read classics on goodreads since you still have internet.

message 8: by Olga (new) - added it

Olga Hah. I also have a computer loving bro. You got no idea how long I had to wait for the internet! :D Ah, whatever. School starts in a few days and I'll have to enjoy the summer while it lasts. We'll get to school one day late, which sucks.
Day 1 of school: People: "OMG! Where were you! Awesome to see all my friends! Look at this awesome thing I got/ did/ would you believe it! So awesome!"
Day 2 of school: "Dang, we're back here again. Homework already? Groan. I want summer!"
So I'll miss some of the excitement AND be really confused at the happenings. Day 2 is when people usually start counting the months/days/hours till next summer.

message 9: by Valerie (last edited Sep 04, 2013 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Valerie Sorry for getting back to you so late. You're probably at school by now. But anyways, good luck!

message 10: by Olga (new) - added it

Olga Thanks! It is getting WAY better... this year is gonna ROCK!!!!!! :D Good luck with whatever you got going on.

Valerie I'm glad to hear it Olga and thanks.