Rian's Reviews > Everything Is Cinema: The Working Life of Jean-Luc Godard

Everything Is Cinema by Richard Brody

U 50x66
Feb 13, 2010

Read from March 10, 2010 to January 23, 2011

I haven't read or bought this yet, but it looks amazing. Brody's book is a 600 page biography about Godard, with blurbs on the back from Jonathan Lethem, Wes Anderson, and Bernard-Henri Lévy—so I am pretty sure it's quality. I just watched a Woman is Woman on NetFlix and I am in awe of his unique style and innovations, that were obviously direct influences on the artistic substratum of Gondry, Allen, and Kaufman—-my favorite contemporary directors. Even to this day, Godard's films still feel ahead of their time, meta, and revolutionary in comparison to modern films. This is just what I need, another supplementary large tome to go along with 2666 and Moby Dick on my night stand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Is Cinema.

message 1: by Ian (new) - added it

Ian I couldn't agree more! Love Godard, and Woman is a Woman is my favorite. So charming.

Haven't heard of 2666... But make sure you read Moby-Dick. I love how Melville writes it like four or five different types of books in one. Also ahead of its time.