Suspense Magazine's Reviews > Longboat Blues

Longboat Blues by H. Terrell Griffin

Feb 12, 10

When I was given “Wyatt’s Revenge”—also by Griffin—to review, I was unaware it was the last in a four-book series. Many times, you read a book and knowing a sequel or a trilogy is planned—much the way it is with movies—you worry the subsequent books won’t be as good as the original. When Terry Griffin writes a book, nothing could be further from the truth. Not yet having read the two in the middle—I just finished “Longboat Blues” the first in the series—I am filled with anticipation for the second and third.

Matt Royal is a retired attorney whose friend Logan Hamilton finds himself in a heap of trouble when he’s accused of killing his now-and-then girlfriend, Connie Sanborne. In true mystery fashion, not everything is as it seems. There are little twists and turns that bring Matt on a convoluted ride involving drugs, a three million dollar airplane, a dirty politician and a surprise in the shape of a very special woman.

I love the way Royal is so hands on when defending his friend. He finds more information than any guy with a badge ever could. Right up to the end, Griffin kept me guessing what was going to happen and when I found out why Logan “ran” I was astounded and very happy.

This book truly fits its subtitle, ‘A Mystery’, and if that’s what you enjoy, you’ll love this. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. You won’t be sorry.

www.suspensemagazine.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Longboat Blues.