Suspense Magazine's Reviews > Breathless

Breathless by Dean Koontz

Feb 12, 2010

You know a book is good when you forget to eat. You know it’s great when you forget to sleep. When you temporarily lose sight of all around you, you know that it is another masterpiece written by Dean Koontz.

“Breathless”, Koontz’s newest adventure is a much too brief glimpse into the lives of several strangers, linked by an invisible thread much greater than themselves. Grady Adams—a powerful and private man—and Camilla Rivers—a deeply damaged healer—are thrust into the epicenter of a changing world when faced with a decision to blindly follow authorities or stand up for what they believe is right.

As a somewhat jaded member of humanity, I find myself a bit cynical and am not often shocked by what I find between the pages of my preferred escape mechanism…books. This is not true of the pieces written by Koontz; with dazzling imagery, the characters become real as their intensity—and often times innocence—soar off the pages. Offering his readers an overhead view of life in his world, “Breathless” is without a doubt his best.

www.suspensemagazine.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathless.

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Really? Mr Koontz hasn't written a good book for many years. Truthfully Mr. Koontz can write a great story then toward the end he fouls it up with a disgustingly weak and very anticlimatic ending. I found this book to be lacking in much suspense and the small amount he teased with he never followed up on. Thank you Suspense Magazine but not thanks, I hope your other books reviews are better than this one.

Deniz If I had had the chance to read this magazine, I would not have touched it after I read this review. Koontz was never great to begin with, but his recent efforts are miserable reads. Dazzling imagery? Without doubt his best? Either this magazine is a joke or it is paid or bossed by Dean Koontz. Breathless is not only one of the worst books by Dean Koonts but also one of the worst books published ever. Hope this magazine understands that this ass-licking misleading reviews will not bring new readers to them.

message 3: by Bob (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bob if you're short on fertilizer for your garden, suspense magazine has some high-grade BS to offer here.

Angela Oliver Did they even read the book?

Robjr73 I assume Suspense magazine is out of publication and/or the writer of this article is out of a job because this is NOT Koontz's best book and it's a far cry from five stars. It's literally a pile of crap and anyone who claims this is one of Dean's best maybe only read one other book of his (Tick...ahem...Tock...ahem...)