Zeek's Reviews > Pack Challenge

Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston

Sep 30, 2010

bookshelves: favorites-all-time, favorites-pnr, favorite-author, pnr, romance, uber-alpha-male, alpha-hero, favorite-hero, kindle
Read in February, 2010

Bloodthirsty, but full of fun and alpha shifting pnr yumminess. This one wont be for everyone- she says "bitch". alot.- but I'm def. sold on this author! :P
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pack Challenge.

02/27 marked as: read

Dina Yeah, this one wasn't for me. Not because she says "bitch" a lot, but because she was one. Man, I hated the heroine!

message 2: by Zeek (last edited Sep 30, 2010 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek See, I could handle her for some reason! I think it was because the author made her a likable bitch- and too I bought that she was strong inside and out. Its when they are bitchy to appear strong that it doesnt work for me...

The flaw in the book was the immaturity of the author. I hear her later print published books are much better done.

Dina MelissaB says her Pride series is better, so I'm going to give those books a try. :)

MelissaB Dina,

They are better! Hope you like them :)

Zeek,

I had a ball reading these a few weeks ago, I am considering a reread for some laughs.

Zeek I know- those girls cracked me up... but, again, I can see how they would easily get on other people's nerves. (I think if you cant read into the underlying camaraderie and genuine love between them you just wont get them.)

MelissaB This heroine is talked about in the Pride series. They all think she is psycho. She shows up in one in a funny scene. She is friends with the one girl and tries to kill Sissy Mae when she finds out Sissy tormented her as a kid. Her mate stops her and throws her over his shoulder. I didn't tell it well but it was funny.

I also like all the jokes about how big shewolves feet are. Also I love in the one with a Bear hero how he is always dragging the Lion males around by their throats because they annoy him - then he forgets he is holding them.

Zeek I'm listening to Go Fetch as we speak! ;)

(I have the first in the Pride series and the Dragon Kin series as well!)

Dina Oooh, I really liked Go Fetch!. The bitchiness was toned down in that book. :)

Zeek hunh- I'm surprised by that considering everyone considered her smart mouth B in the first one!

message 10: by Dina (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dina Yes, I was very surprised too. I thought Miki would drive me insane, but I really liked her in her book.

Regina I thought this book was very funny. Light, nothing serious but very different than I am used to reading. I am reading the Gathering Series, the Hunting Season. I am not liking it as much at all. I have actually put it down 30% in. But I am looking forward to reading Go Fetch.

message 12: by Zeek (last edited Oct 04, 2010 05:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek Really enjoyed Go Fetch although the heroine had a little bit of the "the lady doth protest too much" going on. Still, it was hot!

Is the Gathering Series and Hunting Season part of Laurenston's work??

MelissaB Oh Here Kitty Kitty is next - hillbilly tigers! One Eyed Grandma!

message 14: by Zeek (last edited Oct 04, 2010 05:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek Starting it today! :P

(Is there anymore to this series?? Or should I move right to the Pride series after Here Kitty?)

MelissaB Nope, go to the Pride series next!

message 16: by Zeek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek I have The Mane Event in my TBR pile!

Katherine Everybody says "bitch" a lot!! lol