Zeek's Reviews > Midnight Awakening

Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: favorites-pnr, pnr, vamps, alpha-hero
Read in August, 2009

After my disappointment with the last book I read in Adrain's Breedmate series, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go on. However, Tegan's character intrigued me from the get go so I couldn't let his book go unread.

Elise Chase suffered remarkable loss in recent years. The loss of her beloved mate hurt her tremendously- but it was the loss of their son that devastated her. Determined to avenge his death, she transforms herself from a sheltered aristocrat to an emotionless hunter who will stop at nothing to see the Breed responsible for killing her son dead - even if it means destroying her sanity to do so.

Tegan knows deep loss as well and something about Elise pulls at his heart- a heart he thought long dead. When he finds her laid low from her debilitating gift he decides to give her a hand in controlling it.

Meanwhile, passion stirs between them and though she awakens something in him, he tries to stay far from it- and her. Until they are both drawn into a web of intrigue that leads them to the other side of the world and to the very center of the struggle between the rogue vampires out to destroy humankind and the group of warriors who have given their lives to stop them.

Something dark and sinister is arising and its far worse than the evil Breed they once considered their arch-nemesis.

Tegan is the kind of sexy brooding hero that we've come to love in paranormal romance, and Elise's transformation makes this novel a winner. They're coming together is passionate and steamy but I think I enjoyed the intrigue just as much in this one!

Although still not as favored as some of the other paranormal romance series out there- I enjoyed Midnight Awakening and am now anxious to get to the rest of the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Awakening.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new) - added it

Joanne Hussey I am eight chapters into the second book of this series which is the one you said was disappointing and I'm wondering why. Like i said I am only at chapter eight but I love hear your opinion.

message 2: by Zeek (last edited Jul 12, 2013 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zeek Joanne, sorry I just saw this comment! If I remember correctly after reading my review of it, I didnt like the hero so much and couldnt get invested in neither him nor he and his mate's coupling. It certainly didnt stick with me... can't even recall now any part of the book. :/