Zeek's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Second in Brigg's Mercy Thompson series, I think I liked this one better than the first- and that's saying something!

In Blood Bound, mechanic and part/time magical world protector- Mercy Thompson, agrees to return a favor for Stefan, the vamp who assisted her in Moon Called (mercy Thompson Book 1).

Stefan needs her to be his eyes and ears while she's in coyote form when he sets out to confront a character who has the appearance of a vamp but is actually much more. When the encounter goes awry, Mercy finds herself firmly entangled in the intrigues of the vamp seethe living nearby- a morass she certainly doesn't like finding herself in.

Adam and Samuel, the two alpha werewolves competing for her affection, don't like it either. Naturally, they all become involved, because the last thing they need is for the world to discover that Vampires really do exist, let alone for the knowledge to get out that they are far less tame than the other magical beings all ready "out" seem to be.

The something-more-than-vamp is definitely a creature that needs to be neutralized and however helpful the leaders of the vamp seethe seem to be in reining in the rogue creature, their motives are not all together pure. It falls to Mercy, whose shapeshifting nature vampires fear and loathe, seems to be the only one to take him down. In the end, it is indeed she who gets the job done.

Briggs does a wonderful job of plotting her novels so that everything ties together without breaking her own rules and in the process having it all make sense.

What keeps me coming back, however, is the love triangle (who will she choose?) subplot of Mercy, Samuel, & Adam. (Yeah, I'm that easy.)

Another excellent addition to a great paranormal series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.