Tim's Reviews > Poisoned Heart: I Married Dee Dee Ramone (the Ramones Years): A Punk Love Story

Poisoned Heart by Vera Ramone King

Feb 16, 10

Read from February 12 to 16, 2010

imagine what it would be like to read an essay by a third grader who knows how to name-drop. and that essay had to be 160 pages long.

only reason it gets two stars is because of a couple stories that were interesting and the photo sections.

jesus god. get a fucking ghost writer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poisoned Heart.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dutch I am currently reading this now, and you couldn't be more correct!

message 2: by Tim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tim really surprised it was published as-is. but like... STORIES ABOUT DEE DEE, so you can't stop reading...

Dutch I was forgiving when Lobotomy: Surviving the Ramones was written nearly the same way, but the difference was it all came from Dee Dee himself. We will never get a thoughtful, serious (auto)biography unless it comes from Tommy or Arturo, or maybe a highly intelligent former groupie.

message 4: by Tim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tim I think a well-curated oral history, a la Please Kill Me, may be the best bet. There's a lot of good Ramones stuff in there, including my favorite Dee Dee story, where he talks about how the Ramones were so negative since their first five songs were all "I don't wanna...", so in order to be more positive they wrote "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue". Classic.

Dutch I am finished reading now, and yes when I saw that part, I laughed out loud! I can't deny that even though it was written poorly it was still entertaining.