Tauna's Reviews > Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine

Systematic Theology by Wayne A. Grudem

Apr 23, 10

Read from February 11 to April 23, 2010 — I own a copy

Really really loved this book. Only read about half the chapters for the class I'm taking (almost done with it) but I'll be reading the other chapters and using it as a reference for sure. The instructor picked it because it was the "easiest" book of it's type and did a pretty good job of presenting multiple sides of issues. Important to note the author is calvanist, but at least from my newbie perspective, fairly and accurately presented the arminian side of the controversial issues.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Systematic Theology.

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan Wow. That's serious stuff! Are you learning a lot?

Tauna Hey Dan! Yah, I'm learning SOOO much. It's not bad - the guy teaching the class says it's the easiest book he has found for Systematic Theology, which I'm grateful for. The class doesn't cover all the chapters but I'm going to read them anyway because there are so many areas that are incredibly fascinating. Plus, I feel even closer and more in love with Jesus as I learn this stuff. I wasn't expecting that, even though it makes sense.

Tauna Oh my gosh Dan - I think I've written about a half dozen follow up comments and then deleted them. I could go on for hours and hours - or pages and pages - about all the things I'm learning and how it's impacting my daily life. But I don't think that's what you were bargaining for when you asked in the first place! HAHA!

message 4: by Dan (new)

Dan Actually, yes. I am quite interested in how your theological studies are impacting your daily life. Email me or call or something. Coffee somewhere. I would love to hear from you. (I'm very, very proud of you and your love for Jesus, you know!)