Sarah's Reviews > Dial H for Hitchcock

642041
Feb 11, 10

bookshelves: guilty-and-sometimes-dubious-pleasu, mystery
Read in February, 2010

OK, this was a really cute diversion from the snow. I didn't realize it was not the first book in the series, but it wasn't a bad place to start. Cece is a fun character, though I didn't really empathize. I have trouble getting people for whom clothes shopping is fun; no Carrie Bradshaw for me. I do like her Hitchcock obsession, and the clever ways that the author ties that into the central mystery. I get the impression that she does similar things in the other books in the series: she references a famous mystery or series of mysteries, and then has something similar happen to Cece. The writing isn't bad; I had a couple of problems with the ways certain characters talked, and a couple of descriptions that didn't ring true. I got very distracted when the character mentioned having sung the theme from CATS in a pageant when she was young. Did she mean "Jellicle Cats"? Weird choice for a pageant. "Memory"? Better, but not the theme. A tiny detail, but my mind got very distracted trying to sort it out.

Final verdict? A fun read if you need a light mystery, or if you're a big Hitchcock fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dial H for Hitchcock.