Casey's Reviews > Stars in the Night

Stars in the Night by Cara Putman

3194216
Feb 11, 2010

Read from July 12 to 16, 2010

With a depth of historical detail and rich setting, STARS IN THE NIGHT is a story of mystery, a fledging love and all the glamour Hollywood can provide.

With the flavor on Murder on the Orient Express, this book swept me away into the murder mystery of a young starlet looking for a place for herself in rising stardom. I loved the flavor of the setting. I was brought in the 20th century Hollywood world and given a glimpse into an era I don’t often get the pleasure of exploring. I could see each scene vividly. See the glittering lights and taste the eagerness for fame on the back of my tongue.

And explore this world I did, along with the main characters as Audra worked to solve the mystery surrounding her sister’s death. Each scene in the book moves it forward in one way or another and with each twist I was more surprised.

I was comfortable and at home while reading this novel. It flows with a grace and sense of purpose towards the ending, while wending its way into the heart of the reader. I felt for Audra in her loss and grew to admire her tenacity.

All in all, this book was a very enjoyable read and I look forward to getting lost within its pages again in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars in the Night.

07/13/2010 page 81
07/02/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Stokes This book looks good! Love the cover! :) Looking forward to your review!

Casey I am really enjoying it so far. I need to get back to it! And it is even BETTER in person. :)