KidsFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education

H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education by Mark Walden

Jun 26, 2014

Read in January, 2014

Chris’s Rating – 4 stars
Otto is a brilliant 13 year old orphan who is in control of his life and those surrounding him, at least before the threat to shut down HIS orphanage which prompts him "fix" things. Unfortunately for him, his actions have consequences when he catches the attention of evil masterminds who capture and bring him to H.I.V.E. where he will be trained to his full potential as a super villain. Unfortunately for H.I.V.E. Otto does not intend to go along with their educational program and is intent on escape with a few key friends he meets at H.I.V.E.
This enjoyable book strikes me as a mix of Aremis Fowl (Colfer) and the Cloak Society (Kraatz). There were a few sentences where the wording was difficult to follow (seemed like mistypes), but overall it is a fun read. Sure to appeal to 9-12 year-old boys (and possibly girls) or others who enjoy books written for a middle grade audience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education.

03/25/2014 marked as: read