Felicia (Ferishia)'s Reviews > Breath of Fire

Breath of Fire by Tammy Kane

I'd had this book in my tbr pile for about a year. I picked it to read for my PNR reading challenge and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like this book. The story was great, it was a different spin on what usually happens when dealing with dragons and sacrificial virgins. Karl is an Initiate, a man that is getting read to take his vows to be a monk. He lives a village that sacrifices virgins to appease the dragons. Or so it seems. Karl comes upon such an event happening, and takes the place of the female virgin. Karl is a virgin himself, so the switch is made. When a dragon actually appears, he is, stunned beyond believe. Along with the dragon, is the female "dragonslayer" Elera. She 'saves' Karl from the dragon and claims Karl as her payment. Karl is then tricked into giving up his virginity and his rites to become a monk. Karl is ashamed and wants to take his own life, but can only use sword he is given by the order to so. Elera knows this and takes the sword, forcing him to journey to her realm to get it back.

As I said, very different story and I really enjoyed it especially the smex (good smex quotient). I checked the author's site and another book is forthcoming in this series. I cannot wait to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breath of Fire.