Sheela's Reviews > The Struggle

The Struggle by L.J. Smith

Feb 10, 10

Read in February, 2010

This series is definitely intended for young kids, evident from the lack of creativity in the writing (How many times does Elena say, "I want to kill him!" "I'm just going to die!"? There ARE more ways to say that without repeating the same two verbs.) Also, while Elena and Stefan's characters do not bother me, Bonnie was really irritating (Maybe this says something about the author more than the character, but who think it's romantic when someone is choking you??)and Meredith was boring (no wonder they removed her character from the show). But, there is still some suspense that keeps you reading.

Reading this book made me realize how much better the television series is. TV Damon has really brought to life that evil, menacing character. Stefan nearly doesn't stand out in the book, but TV Stefan makes an impact. I also like how the show didn't blatantly rip off the events from the book (not like the Twilight movie, which copies the book to the minute details). Wait, am I reviewing the novel or the tv show??

I may stop reading the series because I don't want to find out what happens to Elena/Damon/Stefan until I've watched the series. That sounds ridiculous (who watches the movie before reading the novel?), but as you can tell from my review, I appreciate Vampire Diaries the tv show more than Vamp Diaries the novel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Struggle.