Jenny 's Reviews > Stray

Stray by Rachel Vincent

Faythe is one of only eight Tabbies in the country and now they have started to go missing. After she is attacked on campus she returns to the Pride but in characteristic fashion refuses to just do as she is told. Once returned she is also confronted with dealing with her ex-boyfriend Marc, more unfinished business.

Faythe can be a challenging character to like at times, she is strong, determined and can seem a little immature at times but comes to take on her responsibilities and matures nicely towards the end of the book. Maybe she is this way because she has hidden as much as she could from being a werecat for so long but now must face her destiny.

I liked the world Rachel Vincent builds for her Werecats because it is believable in a modern day country. Being a first book in a series quite a lot of time is devoted to telling us about the world Faythe and the Pride operate in.

Stray is a great start to the Shifters series which leaves you wanting to know what comes next for Faythe and the other Werecats.

My review was published on my blog, if you'd like to check my blog out visit:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stray.

07/08/2010 page 99
07/11/2010 page 168
27.0% "Wish I had more time to read at the moment as I'm enjoying this book." 1 comment
07/20/2010 page 398
64.0% 3 comments
show 5 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Steph How are you liking this one, Jen?

Hannah It gets better!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I have seen this book around for ages, but I can't decide whether or not to get it. Would you say it was the beginning of a great series?

Steph Answering for myself, I would say YES! Faythe can get a bit annoying in the beginning, but she matures throughout the series. I love this series and will be sad to see it end w/Alpha which due out in Oct.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) It is ending then? I quite like series that have already finished, I know then that everything gets resolved and that they are not just rambling on for ages.

Steph Yes, "Alpha" will be the last book in the series. So, you could read it from beginning to end with no waiting. :)