♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

3209146
Mar 27, 2012

bookshelves: richelle-mead, young-adult-romance, vampires
Read from December 07 to 08, 2010

SLIGHT SPOILERS (and excessive Twilight references)

I will start with my usual and often spotting of unusual things on front covers of books. Here on the cover of Last Sacrifice we have whom I am assuming is Rose Hathaway. Well my dear - YOU NEED TO PLUCK YOUR EYE BROWS. Sorry, Im a stickler for hairy eyebrows.

Today instead of a review, I will give somewhat of a speech. Some dedications if you will.

I have waited what seemed like an eternity to read Last Sacrifice. I cant believe its now over *sniffs*. Its hard to believe that this was only the second series that I ever picked picked up. Second being after Twilight. First impressions - I didn't like it. But I continued reading the series and fell in love.

TO DIMITRI I love you. You have it all. Height, beauty, body of a god, fighting sills and the hottest female guardian hanging on your every whim. But someone needed to give you a firm back hand! You were stubborn with Rose and took WAY to long to realize that she was everything that you wanted.

TO ROSE You are the most kick arse chic on the planet! You saved the day AND got the hottest guy in the sack *HIGH FIVES*

TO LISSA Or should I say ' Your Majesty ' - huh, talk about captain obvious.

I would like to round up my 'speech' with a few small words.

I know that like Edward v Jake there are also Dimitri v Adrian fans. But also like Twilight the story would always come down to Rose and Dimitri. It was ALWAYS about them, and they deserved their HEA.

P.s Only thing that got me down was the ending with Adrian and Rose. I would have liked more of a understanding between them. It was abrupt and harsh and once Adrian left, what happened then??
26 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

12/06 "oh the anticipation is killing me." 3 comments
02/19 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Rhonda Me too Sam, Me too!!!

message 2: by ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness (last edited Dec 07, 2010 03:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness I haven't put it down all day! It's now 10pm and I'm 300+ pages into it. But gee I'm getting fustrated!! The story is great but I want more one on one with her and Dimitri. They need to get Their heads out of the butts and get nekkid!!

Rhonda I haven't even gotten it yet, release day today in the states, will be visiting bookstore today!!!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R *high fives* to you too Sam! You did an awesome job on your dedications. I also have to agree that,I didn't like so much how things ended with a certain someone. It didn't really fit to go along with the

*******************Spoiler*********************
HEA. That left me just a little disappointed.
*******************End of Spoiler**************

Otherwise,it was awesome. It would have been nice if it weren't a Ya-novel. Cause it sorta lacked in the Bedroom department,but oh well it's done and I actually want more LOLZ!

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Thanks Elena. I do try to please. LoL

message 6: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Thanks Sam, great review

Caty **SPOILERS**

Great review, Sam, I think I couldn't have loved more this book, even Adrian's tantrum at the end, but hey, that's me, I think if someone is breaking your heart you deserve a goodbye F-U in the lines of that contract thing he mentioned.
I loved the ending, and Dimitri is my image of male perfection, but I love Adrian too.

In fact, guess who'll be our leading man on the Spin off series? *wiggles brows*

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Caty wrote: "**SPOILERS**

No way! I knew there was a reason why Mead ended Adrians part that way.Thanx for confirming it :)

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Caty wrote: "**SPOILERS**

So Adrian will get his own story? Oh I hope so! In my mind, he is super HAWT!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL!! Great review, Sam! First off, I want to agree with you on the cover. But doesn't she look like she has a cold and she sneezed while someone snapped a photo of her!?!?! Not the greatest cover for such a great book!

And I know you thought Adrian exploded on her, but in my opinion, he had a right to be angry. After all, she did CHEAT on him. I dont deny Rose and Dimitri belong together, I just hope we get to see Adrian in the spin-off. I want him to have a HEA too. I ranted a bit in my own review because I LOVE THIS BOOK SOO MUCH!! LOL. Great job, girl!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait, so Adrian wasn't supposed to be mad that he was cheated on, lied to, and used for his money? And on top of that, he's called a victim for rightfully being pissed off? Give me a break. What did you honestly expect, Adrian to clap and be happy for her because Dimitri is her "soul mate"? How would you feel if you were cheated on and that was the excuse you were given? "Sorry honey, the girl I was doing behind your back is the one for me." You would go apeshit too.

I despised Rose in this book because she used people for her own selfish gain and felt no remorse. I am so happy Adrian did not end up with that undeserving brat in the end.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness It was only my opinion on the topic. Nothing more, nothing less.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R @ Midnight Kiss! I believe if you gave this novel a 2star rating then you shouldn't read peoples 5star rating reviews,just because our opinions are totally different and it's very disrespectful to write a negative comment on someones thoughts. It's one thing to say "you didn't like the book" rather then feeling the need to bash someones own thoughts and opinions. Now I'm not saying this to start an argument in anyway,I'm just stating my opinion on why I think your comment was uncalled for.

Have a nice day!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2011 07:26AM) (new)

How was my comment disrespectful? The point of reading books is to have discussions on them, and I think it's hypocritical to say that Adrian shouldn't be upset he was cheated on. I read all different reviews so I can get insight into other people's point of view and why they like/dislike the book. Just like she has the right to her opinion, I have the right to mine. Did I insult her? No. Again, I think you would be upset if you were cheated on. That's all I was saying.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Thanks for sticking up for me Elena. I believe everyone has their right to say their opinion on reviews but not at the expense of someones feelings.

Can we just leave it at that.

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah Lovely review, Sam :)

Midnight_Kiss, I don't think that Elena was trying to be mean in pointing out that she thought your comment was a little rude about Sam's review; she was just trying to express to you how she felt about your comment. That being said, I'll admit that I got a rather hostile vibe from your comment, too. While you had some good points, the way they were expressed might have been brought about in the wrong way. I hope you don't feel I am judging you with this comment, I just want to try and help with everyone's understanding of the situation. Also, Sam is a good friend of mine and I don't want her to be hurt by hurtful comments. Again, I'm not trying to be judgmental here; I'm just trying to state the facts and I hope that is the way that you take this.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness I think half the problem is that when someone 'types' what they are thinking or feeling it more than often doesn't come across as you desire. Sarcasm turns into bitchy, seriousness turns into opinionated and so on.

Thanks Leah for your comment. I'm glad you get me. Your a great friend.

message 18: by new_user (new)

new_user Midnight_Kiss, you came off as if you were haranguing Sam for her opinion by saying directly confrontational things like, "What did you expect?" and "Give me a break" and "You would go apeshit too." They sound like accusations. If you're interested in discussion, in the future, try to frame your arguments with less aggression. I think you'll find people will receive them better.

David "TO ADRAIN I thought you took your break up with Rose horribly. You went ape shit on her. But then again I guess that is a normal teenage boy reaction, right? But come on! Even Jake from TWILIGHT didn't chuck that big of a tantrum when Bella ultimately went back to Edward."

Wow. I can't believe that a guy who got his heart broken by someone he loved doesn't even have the right to be pissed off.

1) Midnight_Kiss wasn't being disrespectful or anything. She was writing her opinion. Opinions are something we all have a right to post.

2) Adrian didn't go apeshit on her. He put her in her place because she was wrong to have cheated on him in the first place no matter how much she loved Dimitri *eyeroll*.

Jacob from Twilight didn't throw a tantrum; he almost threatened to turn into a wolf and was about to hurt Bella. I guess the right reaction if someone breaks your heart is to threaten their life, not tell them off for being dumb.

message 20: by Davina (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:34PM) (new)

Davina D. Hi everyone, I just randomly wandered onto this page because I'm friends with Leah (hey kiddo! Long time! :) who I haven't spoken to in a while and was just checking out what she's up to and saw Sam's message on her wall.

So aside from Leah I know no one else here. I want to say something and I hope no takes offence. It's really none of my business and under normal circumstances I would not comment, but Sam's situation resonated(sp?) with me because I've found myself in the same situation a number of times and can relate to how she feels.

I also have quite a dry, sarcastic way of expressing myself and I try to warn people about this when I engage in conversation with them, but sometimes some people can be overly sensitive either because that is their nature, they don't have a life offline and are too caught up in a fictional world or because they're mega fans of a certain book and can't tolerate being around people who don't feel the same way.

I've ran into my share of problems with some people here on GR for these reasons. They annoy me, but I try not to let them get under my skin. You really shouldn't let such people chase you off Goodreads because their problem is not your problem. You are who you are and if they don't like the way you do your things then they shouldn't be on your page reading your reviews or updates.

You are entitled your opinion and if people can't assume good will and keep things in perspective (it is after all just a bloody book, ya know, not the end of the world) then they have no place being on a public forum where they're likely encounter a variety of different personalities. Some you'll gel with others you won't. That's just how it is.

As for Midnight Kiss's comments I just would like to say, as someone on the outside looking in, that she is actually in the same situation Sam is in. Yes, I think she gave a sarcastic response to Sam's review, but I don't think it was intentionally disrespectful. Just as how Sam doesn't intend to offend fans of a certain book with her snarky evaluation of the book.

Look, it is clear that both parties here have strong opinions on the book in question. I think if we can all assume good will -- that this person is not actually trying to embarrass or belittle me -- then even when we disagree passionately we can still move on and remain friends. I really do believe that.

I personally did not construe Midnight Kiss's comments as a personal attack on Sam's opinion. Probably because I could see myself saying something similar. Maybe not in the same way, but the point would be the same. Let's try not to take things to personally. Debating, disagreeing and rolling our eyes at friends comments and reviews is all what makes Goodreads fun. If it was always such a pleasant place with no fireworks on occasion it would be a very dull place to be indeed. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Anyway, I will butt out now and leave you ladies to it. Whatever anyone decides let's just all try to get along. Good luck and all the best!

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Okay!!!!!!!! Can everyone just back up!!! My review, I will say what I want!!!! I have had enough of this shit.

I'll take the fucken review down if it will shut everyone up.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Davina wrote: "Hi everyone, I just randomly wandered onto this page because I'm friends with Leah (hey kiddo! Long time! :) who I haven't spoken to in a while and was just checking out what she's up to and saw Sa..."

Thanks Davina. That was really swell of you to help me out. I tried to send you a PM but I couldnt. So thanks.

~E~ Riverina Romantics Why do I hear the theme song to Rocky when i read this??
Sam, forget about it babe, lifes to short...this is a freaking book review website for crying out loud, ignore the tools that aernt your friends and continue to joke around with the ones that are. Sending you my love and have my claws out right behind you my dear.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you David, that's all I was trying to say. I didn't insult anyone, but was trying to make a point that cheating is wrong and it hurts people no matter what the circumstances are. As Leah said, Goodreads is about having DISCUSSIONS on books, and not everyone is going to agree with you.

David @Sam,

I'm sorry you can't handle other people's opinions. Word of advice: Please grow up and get used to hearing things you don't like. I'm sorry opinions offend you.

@Midnight_Kiss,

No problem :) I can't stand seeing opinions shut down and I'm always ready to back someone up if I agree with them.

~E~ Riverina Romantics Oh for crying out loud, Midnight Kiss & David GROW UP!
You can obviously see that Sam has been upset by all the comments so leave it alone, agree to disagree and be adult about it.
No doubt there will be another catty comment from you after I have said this - and that will only prove my point.
But please for the love of childish cat fights - let it go and be nice enough to not comment on her reviews in the future.

message 27: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Jan 06, 2011 05:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R I have something to say David! SHUT THE FUCK UP No one but your friend above knows you & one thing is for sure none of us gives a FUCK about what you think!!! I came on this thread defending Sam,because yes,your friend was being disrespectful. Like I said It's one thing to disagree with someone on a review and have your own opinion,but there's something neither one of you is getting through your fucking heads! Sam wrote about what she thought of the book & your friend wrote things like "Give me a break. What did you honestly expect, Adrian to clap and be happy for her because Dimitri is her "soul mate"?" Now that is fucking bullshit! Are you understanding now You stupid fuck?? I've lost my patience,my friends and I tried to be as nice as possible and this is where I draw the line. Go somewhere else with your Bull Shit!

message 28: by Rhonda (last edited Jan 06, 2011 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Great review Sam!!!! You're on spot!! LOL
Dimitri and Rose FOREVER!!!!!!!

@ Elena *high fives*

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Elena R wrote: "I have something to say David! SHUT THE FUCK UP No one but your friend above knows you & one thing is for sure none of us gives a FUCK about what you think!!! I came on this thread defending Sam,be..."

Wow, way to be mature. And I find it funny how no one has answered my question yet about how would you feel about being cheated on. It's a sad day when people can't have a civilized debate. I honestly don't understand why people are holding Adrian's feelings against him, which is why I asked. I don't care if you think I'm being mean, I know that wasn't my intetion. I was just offering another viewpoint. You are the one acting like a ten year old on a tantrum. Do you see David or I cursing or abusing the capslock? You are being a bunch of hypocrites, and since this is a PUBLIC website about BOOK DISCUSSION, we can post where we please. Can't handle it, then don't post it.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Exactly! David, I don't know you. So back the fuck up! Tell me to grow up? Are you serious? Your on here bitching like a girl! Just take a look at the amount of people defending me over you.

Midnight kiss. I respect your choice to voice ur opinion. It just felt personal. What I didn't appreciate was that you insuated that I didn't think cheating was wrong. What you don't realize, is that I personally know how bad it is. My husband of 10 years had an affair in 2009. So don't tell me what I do or don't know about cheating.

Elena, fuck I love you.

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2011 05:26PM) (new)

* Sam *~S2~ wrote: "Exactly! David, I don't know you. So back the fuck up! Tell me to grow up? Are you serious? Your on here bitching like a girl! Just take a look at the amount of people defending me over you.

Midn..."

Ok, I understand. The review came across like Adrian overreacted and should have been ok with what happened to him, which in turn caused me to question it because I have strong feelings on cheating. I have come across many people who justify Rose's cheating and dismiss it, but to me it was a really shitty thing to do.

I didn't come on your review to knock you or insult you, I just wanted to have a discussion on how cheating was portrayed in the book and why others feel like it's not a big deal.

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Okay. I think it just needs to be left alone. Everyone has said nasty shit. So let sleeping dogs lie I think.

Rhonda Midnight_Kiss wrote: "Elena R wrote: "I have something to say David! SHUT THE FUCK UP No one but your friend above knows you & one thing is for sure none of us gives a FUCK about what you think!!! I came on this thread ..."

First of all, People react to things differently, Yes I agree, Adrian should be pissed. I also feel He was delusional thinking this would have ended any other way, from the moment Dimitri was changed back in book 5. Yet he kept hanging on. I think there is something good in store for Adrian in BLOODLINES.

That being said, we are absolutely entitled to our opinions, but there's a difference here between sharing an opinion, and pissing on someone's opinion, like you did. And speaking of maturity here...You keep feeding into this conversation, and there's nothing "civilized" about the way you first approached this topic in this page! You've been challenging, and critical of someone's review. That's not why we're here. We're here for discussing books, not DEBATING them!!! I think you should go play somewhere else now!!

Rhonda * Sam *~S2~ wrote: "*high fives Rhonda*"

Back atcha Sista!!!

Karen ~ Divhine Way to go Rhonda!!!!!

Rhonda Back to the topic at hand, I thought it was suppose to be Lissa on the cover, only cause the haircolor is wrong for Rose!!! Just sayin' *shrugs*

message 38: by DarienMoya (last edited Jan 06, 2011 06:13PM) (new)

DarienMoya WOW, I missed this. I thought reviews were opinion driven, and isn't that the beauty of books. How we all see things differently.

Elena, they really pissed you off and you never get pissed. Calm down girl and think of special delivery, mmm I know you want to.

message 39: by Leah (new)

Leah Thanks, Sam, you are a great friend, too, honey. Love you, chica! *hugs!*

Hey, Davina! *waves frantically* Long time no see, lady! Anyway, very well said :)

ELENA! *high fives!*

*high fives Rhonda too*

All those comments being said, I'll answer your question Midnight_Kiss about cheating. Unlike Sam (Sorry about that, sweetie!), I don't have any personal experience with cheating. Do I think I would be okay with it? Definitely not. And while I certainly don't condone it, even in books, with a book you have to allow for a certain amount of unrealistic fantasy. People are going to explain away Rose's cheating because Dimitri was her soul mate. Hell, I did it too when I read about it, even though I had those lingering feelings of discomfort.

But, like Sam said, I think we all just need to let it go now. We have all successfully defended Sam to the best of out ability and I'm sure she takes comfort in that. We just need to move on. With that thought...

SO! How 'bout them Bears, eh?
(I don't actually watch football, sorry, so don't ask me any questions ;P)

message 40: by Buggy (last edited Jan 06, 2011 06:50PM) (new)

Buggy Sometimes GR is just so much fun to sit back and watch explode. Although it sucks when its happening to you. Did I mention, I liked your review Sam?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhonda wrote: "Midnight_Kiss wrote: "Elena R wrote: "I have something to say David! SHUT THE FUCK UP No one but your friend above knows you & one thing is for sure none of us gives a FUCK about what you think!!! ..."

Well, people of differing opinions debate things. A discussion isn't when everyone thinks exactly the same. I'm done attempting a logical conversation because it is apparant that anyone who feels differently is automatically a bad guy.

message 42: by Rhonda (last edited Jan 06, 2011 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda Alright, I've said all I need to say here!!! You see that little word "edit" below my comment here to your right??? I'm gonna click that and choose to not get email notifications on this thread, Life and Goodreads goes on!!!

Sam1, Sam2, Elena, Buggy, Leah, and Karen, XOXOXO
Annie, you too!!!

message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah Hugs to all my peeps!

And yeah, Samikins (hehe), don't let them bother you. Because you've got all of us here for you, babe! :D

Jodie Hiya Sam,

Long time no speak :) so, Vampire Academy is my favourite series. Ever. I am ganna re-read them this week & am super excited to do so after reading your reviews.

This review in particular said everything I was thinking when I finished this series back when it came out. It's almost like we shared a brain. I agree with every single word. Go you good thing you!

I too am team Dimitri and with the right to have my own opinion, I understood why Adrian was pissed, but, I didn't get it, if you know what I mean?! I mean, seriously, everyone in the whole world (including Adrian) knew that Dimitri & Rose were made for each other, just as Edward & Bella. So I didn't feel all that bad for him. I know he will find his HEA, and am happy it will be with someone other than Rose, the best heroine to grace the pages of a novel. I loaned the books to my mum last month and she told me she was team Adrian...I almost disowned her :D

That is all. Have a good day!