Kate's Reviews > Grimmer Tales: A Wicked Collection of Happily Never After Stories

Grimmer Tales by Erik Bergstrom

Jun 11, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read in January, 2010

According to my newest friend here, The Dancing Bookcase, once upon a time....

There was this unique novel which took all your favorite fairy tales and gave them a much needed and hilarious face lift.

Bergstrom has an incredible gift with taking your favorite tales from yesteryear and giving them a twist. I knew as soon as I began to flip through these pages that Grimmer Tales would become a favorite of mine.

While there is not too much plot for each of the tales, most being about 2 to 3 pages long, it is his drawings and creativity that will completely capture your attention. Grimmer Tales is an extremely quick read due to the shortness of each tale; however, these are not tales that you will gloss over and quickly forget. They are morbidly hilarious tales that will stick with you long after you have completed the novel.

Due to some graphic content, this novel is not recommended for children and possibly even younger teens. However, for older teens and adults, I definitely recommend checking this novel out. It will change the way that you look at fairy tales... in a good way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grimmer Tales.