Crystal's Reviews > Dreams That Won't Let Go

Dreams That Won't Let Go by Stacy Hawkins Adams

Feb 08, 10

bookshelves: for-review, read-feb-2010
Read on February 08, 2010

Dreams that Won't Let Go is a riveting and beautiful book. I have not read the earlier books in the Jubilant Souls series, but I will make it a point to go back and read the first two. However, the third installment stands on it's own very well, I never felt lost. I just want to rad the first two to learn more about some of the characters and to enjoy more of Ms. Adams' writing.

So what about this book stood out to me? First the characters. I enjoyed getting to know Indigo and Reuben and their loved ones, Max and Peyton along with their family members. The characters are well done and you feel things for all of them. The story plays out through the characters and keeps you wanting to read more and learn more. The characters also grow through the book, both Indigo and Reuben are searching for something and though they seemed stumped to begin with on how to make things better, by the end they are making progress on working things out.

The plot is also amazing. Every time I thought I had something figured out, Ms. Adams took it in another direction. Yet nothing felt like it was out of the blue or not fitted in with the story. It is well plotted out and very interesting to read.

Conversation in this book also flowed well. Nothing felt stilted or strained. The message was one of love and forgiveness and I loved how it was written out in the book. The pastor that helps them out feels real and loving and very typical of what I am use to in the church. Not judgmental but understanding and loving. That comes out fully in the book without seeming preachy, and I think it is a beautifully written message.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams That Won't Let Go.