~Tina~'s Reviews > Truly, Madly

Truly, Madly by Heather Webber

Nov 13, 14

bookshelves: adults, read-2010, whodunit, own
Read from February 09 to 10, 2010

Blessed (or cursed) by Cupid, The Valentine family has been given the gift of matchmaking, with the ability to see people's auras. Only Lucy lost this gift at the age of 14 during a thunderstorm and now her powers has been subjected to finding objects rather then the matters of the heart. While her father recovers from a heart attack, Lucy has to keep her fathers company -Valentine Inc- up to float while her parents take a little vaca. Soon enough things start to spiral out of control when Lucy finds something she wasn't meant too...

I absolutely adored and loved Truly, Madly. It has everything I was looking for in a novel. Romance, mystery and just enough paranormal twist that I crave in my books.

Heather Webber really brings this novel to life with her crisp characters and surprising plot.
All the characters are a wonder! Lucy is charming, enduring and delightful. Sean is mysterious and sexy. With delicious chemistry, they make the perfect team. I also loved her parents wit, Dovie's pushiness and Raphel's kindness. Really, a great cast of characters!

Sexy, Funny, Energetic and Engaging, Truly, Madly is an outstanding read!
I can't wait for the sequel!!!
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truly, Madly.

Arlene I'm glad you liked it. Very fun read. :)

~Tina~ I loved this book! I'm so glad I found it on your shelf! I wouldn't have found it other wise! So thank-you:)

Arlene Not sure if you've read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Those are great reads too. Also the Wake Series by Lisa McMann, three books that are all out now... Wake #1, Fade #2 and Gone #3.

~Tina~ I love Suzanne Collins!! I've read Hunger Games and It's one of my all time favorites. I'm saving Catching Fire till the last one comes out ( much to the dismay of some of my fellow goodread friends;))
I'm still not sure about the Wake Series? I keep hearing good things about them. Maybe I'll give the first book a try.
Thanks again hun!

Arlene How could you not read Catching Fire!?! LOL I devoured it the day it came out. Impressed by your restraint.

Wake Series is really good. One of my fave.

Top Favorite Series
Hunger Games
Wake
Vampire Academy
Mortal Instruments
Evernight (one word... Balthazar)

I'm going to peak at your bookshelves. Sounds like we have the same interests in books.

Happy reading. :)

~Tina~ LOL So I've been told! The Hunger Games was epic in my eyes, so I already know that Catching Fire will be just brilliant. It's almost like watching a crazy action packed movie, hitting pause at the very end, then waiting a year to find out what happens. With most books I don't mind the wait, but with Huger Games it's a pain I rather not endure:P

Besides the Wake series, I've read all of the others as well and LOVED every single one of them!
Blathazar is great! I love both Lucus and him. CAN'T WAIT FOR HOURGLASS!!

Arlene Tina wrote: "LOL So I've been told! The Hunger Games was epic in my eyes, so I already know that Catching Fire will be just brilliant. It's almost like watching a crazy action packed movie, hitting pause at the..."

Oh when I first read the Hunger Games, that book went with me every where. Hubby would ask, "Why are you taking that book with you to the store?"... Me - "Ummm to read at the red lights." Love it!

Okay, I tell my friends that Evernight is my guilty pleasure. I usually don't rec it but Balthazar is well worth it. Lucus is a nice too, I must say. :) I can't wait for Hourglass either. So many sequels I'm waiting for!

~Tina~ I love Evernight...now, if you read my review for the fist book, you can tell I was rather shocked at first, BUT I simply adore it now!!
Tell me about it!! 2010 is already a brilliant year!
Don't know if you've read The Moganville Vampire Series but I devoured those books! Vamps and Magic are my two favorite paranorms!

Arlene Tina wrote: "I love Evernight...now, if you read my review for the fist book, you can tell I was rather shocked at first, BUT I simply adore it now!!
Tell me about it!! 2010 is already a brilliant year!
Don't k..."

Oh I'll go read your review now. If you're talking about the mid-book twist...all I have to say is WT??? LOL But overall I love the series. So good.

I'm adding Morganiville Vamp Series to my list. I will give it a try for sure. Is the series complete?

~Tina~ Yeah the WT?????? Twist is what I'm talking about LOL
but dispite that, I loved it.

Try the first book first Glass House. There are 7 books out now and the 8th one is out in April (can't wait)I think there is gonna be at least 12 books all together if not more.
It's not a series for everyone, I know a lot of people who don't like them, but if you like the first one then you'll be hooked!
I've read the House of Night books 1 and 2, I have the whole set but can only read them each once a month. I have a hard time with reading books that have that high school "du" lingo. There good books, just...one at a time with a healthy time span;)

Arlene Tina wrote: "Yeah the WT?????? Twist is what I'm talking about LOL
but dispite that, I loved it.

LOL I've read the first four books of the House of Night and I have 5 and 6 waiting on my shelf for attention. Those are such quick mindless reads that I think I need a few books at a time to make it worth my effort. What is Zoey up to now, not a love triange, love square? LOL Maybe with every book she adds one more love interest to her life. I like them... just another guilty pleasure though. :)

Morganville has been officially placed on my never ending TBR, but I'll get to it soon. Thanks for the rec!

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim Tina wrote: "I love Suzanne Collins!! I've read Hunger Games and It's one of my all time favorites. I'm saving Catching Fire till the last one comes out ( much to the dismay of some of my fellow goodread friend..."

I'm sorry to barge in on you girls but you haven't read Catching Fire yet? OMG! I almost camped out next to my mailbox when it came out XD

And read Wake, Fade and Gone!!! NOW!

I'll go away now ^^

~Tina~ ROFL Kim!
I know, I know, I'll read Catching Fire soon enough! Oi the pressure LOL

Arlene LOL Kim. I couldn't believe it either! hahaha Did you read Gone already? I found a copy on Monday and swallowed it up like a starving puppy! I'm meeting the author on Friday. So excited!

Tina, you will like Wake. I really think you will. :)

message 15: by Kim (new)

Kim Tina wrote: "ROFL Kim!
I know, I know, I'll read Catching Fire soon enough! Oi the pressure LOL
I'll read Wake first to see if I like it. I've never been sure with those books."

I admire your strength, I really do. I had to force myself not to rush it.

I had the same feeling with Wake. Somehow the book seemed interesting, but I had it on my shelf for a few months before I read it. I kept choosing other books. But I didn't regret reading it, it's one of my favorites now.

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim Arlene wrote: "LOL Kim. I couldn't believe it either! hahaha Did you read Gone already? I found a copy on Monday and swallowed it up like a starving puppy! I'm meeting the author on Friday. So excited!

Tina, ..."

I got Gone in the mail on Tuesday and I read it in less than 4 hours lol. I didn't like it as much as I liked Wake and Fade, but I think Lisa did a good job. OMG, you are meeting her tomorrow? How awesome, I hope you'll have a lot of fun! *is jealous* =)

@ Tina: What Arlene said (you'll like Wake) ^^