Jacqueline's Reviews > Chill

Chill by Stephanie Rowe

Feb 08, 10

bookshelves: from-work-borders, romantic-suspense
Read in February, 2010

This was a middle of the road read. The plot was a bit farfetched. It concerned the antiquities trade and people willing to kill to have certain relics. It was hard to follow in places and hard to swallow in others. I know that there are some pretty shady dealings in the blackmarket antiquities world but here the actual part about the antiquities was not written in enough detail to make me buy into it. Luke/Adam used to be caught up in the illegal part of the trade, I think. A lot was suggested but not explained. Making him a scientist just seemed like a weird nowhere idea. It was thrown in and not used or explained at all. What kind of a scientist? I don't know, the author never said. The jewelry that this book particularly concerned wasn't given enough explanation to make me believe it was that valuable.

Isabelle was a good character, true to heself and her belief that everyone is worthy of love. Luke was okay but his angstiness was a bit heavy handed and didn't always ring true. The ending was a bit too feel good for me.

The action sequences are fairly well done and the character interaction between the hero and heroine is pretty good. I would have liked Alaska to have played a bit more of a role and there was some formulaic stuff at the end with Cort (a friend of Luke's) which seemed included only to force the hero to go in a certain direction.

Still if you're looking for a fairly decent romantic suspense read, this should do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chill.