Kaley's Reviews > Lift

Lift by Kelly Corrigan

Feb 08, 2010

bookshelves: 2010
Read in March, 2010

Anyone who has ever been a parent will appreciate and relate to Kelly Corrigan's newest book, Lift. With her signature wit, wisdom, humor, and honesty, Corrigan offers a glimpse into her most straightforward and touching parental musings. Written as a letter to her young children, her motivation is to give them the gift of knowing her at that moment in time. The idea is that by the time they are older and interested in getting to know her as a person, she will no longer be the person she is now. As they change, she will change. It is a touching and heartfelt book, which brought tears to my eyes more than once, and made me laugh out loud many times. My ONLY complaint is that it was too short... I finished it in 40 minutes! I loved Corrigan's YouTube sensation Transending and devoured her first book, The Middle Place in a couple of days. I am really excited to meet her and see her speak this week at the bookstore where I work. Her writing inspires me to be a better person, a better mother, and to remember always to be mindful of these wonderful, fleeting moments of parenthood.
The knowledge of impermanence that haunts our days is their very fragrance ~Rilke
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lift.