Lisa's Reviews > A Caress of Twilight

A Caress of Twilight by Laurell K. Hamilton

F 50x66
Feb 08, 10

liked it

OK, I'm hooked. When I read the first book in this series, I wasn't sure I liked it. These stories have two tracks: politics in the royal courts of the faerie world, and murder mysteries. When I read the first book, I was a little overwhelmed by all the faerie politics, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue with the series.

But I did, and I'm glad I did. I find it interesting how Laurell Hamilton has set up her faerie world. Sometimes, it gets to be a little overwhelming. But the intrigue gets interesting in book #2, as the lead character, Meredith Gentry, gets more power and becomes even more politically savvy.

The race to the throne will be decided by who produces an heir first. So Meredith is having sex with all sorts of people. Part of what has kept my interest piqued is to find out who ends up becoming her king. Also, the mystery part of the story in book #2 looks like it will be continuing to book #3. Someone is trying to kill a woman exiled from the faerie world who has set herself up as a movie star in Hollywood. It all goes back to royal power, and she is a threat. She is still alive at the end of this book, but I sense she will play a role in the next one.

If you like murder mysteries more than you like sci fi, this might not be the series for you. But if you are intrigued by how authors construct these whole realms of other beings, you might want to check out this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Caress of Twilight.