Ronja's Reviews > Im Zwielicht

Im Zwielicht by L.J. Smith

May 05, 11

bookshelves: will-be-ashamed-that-i-read-it, unfinished, stupid-vampires
Recommended for: little squealing school girls

I came to that book by the internet. A lot of people recommended it and I thought it MUST be right. Gosh, did I failed.
It's one of the first book I was eager to give away and I really regret that I bought it. At first the cover of my german version is ugly (yeah I know, don't judge a book by its cover, but it IS ugly)

Second, I am really fed up with all this "ooohw dark handsome mysterious guy" or even better TWO gorgeous brothers. I mean do we normal human girls now all have to wait for our Mr. Handsome? What's about true beauty? The beauty of the heart?

Then the next point, Elena the school queen. Talking about cliche. Ugh I really don't want to write about that.
While her character isn't very complex, so it is the same with her friends and cute little Stefano, the mysterious loverboy.
It's just like "oh I saw you and you're like SO gorgeous! I'll love you forever!". There is no developement, it's just given from the author.

And that is a pity, because I started to watch the series on TV and I actually liked it better.

UPDATE; Series isn't that much better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Im Zwielicht.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Love your "recommends it for" line! Even our worst enemies deserve better than this book (or this series for that matter):)