Bird's Reviews > The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie

The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley

Mar 11, 11

bookshelves: didnt-finish

The reviews completely baffle me. People actually finished and enjoyed this novel?

My issues with the book:

Ian. I like a tortured hero as much as the next woman, but he didn't fit well into a romance novel. He becomes infatuated with Beth and wants a physical relationship with her, but never seems to care much for her beyond that. There are times when he thinks how he has no idea what she's saying or what the words mean, but he likes the sound of her voice. I don't believe two people who cannot communicate effectively will have a successful relationship.

The dialogue. It fell flat for me. Much of it is due to Ian. "Is your cunny wet?" YUCK. First off, not at all sexy. Secondly, what woman in the 1800s wouldn't run screaming from a man who says that the second time he meets her? (Oh, I forgot, she had a nice sex life with her husband, that explains it.)

Beth. Stereotypical heroine with a troubled past. Nothing about her grabbed me or made her stand out from other romance novels I've read.

Overall, a whopping disappointment. Will be avoiding this author in the future.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie.