Christine's Reviews > Eternity

Eternity by Jude Deveraux

Feb 07, 10

bookshelves: romance

This was all right but definitely no where near Deveraux's best work (which is amazing). It was a smooth, easy read that moved me from cover to cover, but I can't say that I ever really liked Carrie. She was a spoiled little rich girl who set out to deceive Joshua and despite various attempts to make her into something more or to make that fact all right, she remained a spoiled little rich girl throughout the book. It really annoys me when rich people go on about how money doesn't matter, only love matters. Carrie said this again and again under a dozen different conditions and each time all I could think was, "Easy for you to say!"

I've also never been comfortable with romance novels involving deception, especially when that deception involves tricking someone into marriage in the first place. Carrie ran a mail-order bride service and when Joshua wrote in asking for a farm wife, she sent herself instead. She seemed to think she could use money to smooth everything else over, going into town to hire people to cook and clean.

If you like Jude Deveraux and you're out of books, this isn't a bad read, but I would caution anyone who hasn't read some of this authors real treasures not to start with this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternity.