Elaine's Reviews > Beyond the Dark

Beyond the Dark by Angela Knight

Jan 03, 13

Read from February 07 to 23, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I have a real hard time with anthologies because I won't know all the authors or I will only like one or two of the stories. This book I knew 3 of the 4 authors, but only liked 2 stories; this is why it got 3 stars. If it was just the two stories I liked, I would have given it a 5 star rating.

I had two squick factors in Lora Leigh's story, In A Wolf's Embrace. I actually marked them with a sticky.

pg. 307 - That wasn't just pre-cum that spurted into her mouth, and it wasn't the consistency of of semen. (is this a taste test?)

pg. 308 - Another spurt of the pre-cum filled her mouth, as a groan ripped from his throat. (the whole spurting this is just nasty wrong)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Dark.

02/11/2010 page 1
show 4 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura LMAO!!! Okay, we know "squirting" pre-cum is NOT your thing now. Actually, after decades of sex, I have never seen pre-cum squirt...hmmm...so must be a Breeds thing? lol

We all know what an anthology whore I am and a die-hard Emma Holly fan. I actually read this anthology a few years ago when it was in its first printing (different cover). I had heard a lot about Holly but never read her books. This story (if it's the one about the Queen) blew me away. Didn't realize it was part of her Demon Series, which turned out to be my fav series of hers.

So this one is on my Keeper Shelf. LL's story was good, even tho I am not a Breeds fan (too violent). Couldn't get into the other two novellas. So Holly's really made it for me in this one.

And that's why I am an anthology whore. I find so many good authors in them. I go on to read their series and become a fan. In fact I am reading an erotica anthology now with a novella that is awesome by a writer I don't know. Soon as I finish it and review it on GR I'm gonna see what else she has written. I am ;)

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Elaine That is so funny, because I didn't like Emma's story, but loved Lora's, in spite of the spurting issues. I liked Angela Knight's (bummned this was a one off story) and Lora's, but didnt' care for Emma's or Diane's.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Was Emma's the one about the Queen? There is another novella from the demon series in another anthology that I didn't like at all. But I'm such an anthology whore I can't remember which novella is in which anthology since they changed the cover of this one. Okay, I'm a visual person. I have the same problem when someone changes their user pic. It's like...Oh, no, who is this person! lmao

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Elaine Yes this was about the Queen. Oh yeah the user pic thing throws me as well. I have a friend on Twitter who changed her user pic last week, and I still have to look to make sure I know who she is.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Okay, then that was the one I liked. It's important to understanding the ending of "Demon's Fire."

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Two of my friends on Twitter have similar user pics and I get them confused all the time. And when friends change pics, I'm totally lost. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact most people rarely use their real names. Then when I find out their real names I also have to remember their user names and their user pics. Sometimes it's just too much for my overly multi-tasked brain to handle. lmao!

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Elaine User names. That reminds me of all the times I have gone to conventions and run into people I only know online and they tell me their real names and it just won't click, and then they say their user name and I'm like...right, that's who you are.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura I can so relate. How about someone who uses a different user name and pic for FB, GR, Twitter, etc. Oh, and they have a real name too. Life should NOT be this confusing, ya know? lmao!!

(Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires)

Elaine See, I will always be DrkCherry, where a real name is not required. Hell I even have it tattooed on my low back...lol

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Do you really? How wild. I love it!

Hey, I just changed my Twitter wallpaper. I promised everyone I would post the back view of the hunk on my wallpaper. The back view is the avatar I used for my Goodreads & PaganSpace naughty blog groups. You'll love it!