Traci's Reviews > Memoirs of Cleopatra

Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George

F_50x66
Feb 07, 10

Margaret George does an amazing job of making you feel as if Cleopatra is walking beside you narrating the story of her life. The writing in this book is descriptive and takes you away to Cleopatra's time to the point you vividly you feel as if you could reach out and touch the people and places around her. I didn't want this book to ever end however, by the time I was at the end of the book I felt as if Cleopatra and I were close friends. There were times in the book I had to stop and remind myself how atypical Cleopatra was in the day and age she lived. Cleopatra's strength as a women in a time where men ruled was brought to life in this book. This book was well researched, proof of that is at the end of the book where the author takes the time to site why she wrote what she did. She also states the places she used her creative license and why she did. I highly recommend this book. Walking away from this book I had such a deep admiration for Cleopatra and how history has changed who she was and what she did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memoirs of Cleopatra.