Trevor Parker's Reviews > Doomsday Book

Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

Dec 03, 2007

Recommended for: sci-fi and history fans
Read in November, 2007

This was a great look into what living during the black plague could have been like. It made me feel terribly sad and very helpless.

The characters are well fleshed out and believable. The plot is simple but engaging. The idea is novel. The ending is rather abrupt.

All and all, this was a good book. Its greatest weakness was its length. It seemed to drone on and on about this or that, and had an omniscient perspective following the train of thought for all the characters, sometimes at the same time. This made it a little confusing as to whose head you where in when. And also repeated a great deal of information in the form of worries that could have been trimmed down quite a bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doomsday Book.

Kristin Good comments. Yeah, it was a little long in places. I cried pretty hard at the end - which convinced Kip not to read it.
Kris

Trevor Parker Yeah, she did a good job really getting you in moment. It was really sad in a lot of places. Every time I put the book down I was thankful to be living when and where we live now. We are lucky not to be stuck in the dark ages.