Melanie's Reviews > The Green Man: Tales from the Mythic Forest

The Green Man by Terri Windling

F 50x66
Feb 06, 2010

This book was a complete mixed bag of hauntingly beautiful short stories I hoped would never end to ones I couldn't wait to finish. There are poems too but I bought the book for the stories.

The highlights to me were:

Somewhere in my Mind there is a Painting Box by Charles De Lint. I don't think this man can write badly. The romantic in me wanted a different ending but his was right for the characters and situation.

Hunter's Moon by Patricia A. McKillip. I wanted to know what happened next. It felt more like part of a novel than a short story. Does anyone know if this was continued?

Grounded by Nina Kiriki Hoffman. Wonderful descriptions of the forest. I wanted to explore the house further and know more about how everything worked in this world.

The Pagodas of Ciboure by M Shayne Bell. A subtle weave of fact and what might have been. I hadn't heard of the Pagoda myths of France and it whetted my appetite.

It was a very good book which had so much to interest me. I recommend reading it in the Autumn before the leaves fall and walking in your local wood between reading the short stories.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Green Man.