Gabriella's Reviews > Broken Bulbs

Broken Bulbs by Eddie Wright

Mar 31, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads, indie, miserable-mc, adult
Read from March 12 to 31, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I won this book through First Reads here on Goodreads, and I have to admit, I was extremely excited when I found out. I've never won anything in my life. But that doesn't change how I feel about this book.

First off, I'm not even really sure what I make of Broken Bulbs. I didn't hate the book but I didn't love it either. I'm completely indifferent towards it. It didn't evoke any deep emotions in me, it didn't make me ponder the great mysteries of life, I got nothing. (Which, I might add, the book is based around.) It seemed almost pointless really. I mean it's about this guy, Frank Fisher, who's all depressed because he treated his pet hamster, Dusty, miserably. But at the end his gal pal, Bonnie, helps him come to terms with it, and everything's all better.

Anyway, that's not all that I took from the book. I did get a deeper meaning (which I could write a whole proper review about but am to lazy to do. Besides, I'm sure you'd be to lazy to read it) but that, friends, is the basis of this novella.

Honestly, I'm not sure what group of people to recommend Broken Bulbs to, but I'd say that if you want a quick read (the book's only 98 pages) then this is the book for you.

But truly, Broken Bulbs is the kind of story that each person will interpret differently. So go ahead, read it. You just might fall in love with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Bulbs.

03/12/2010 page 4
4.3% "Just recieved Broken Bulbs in the mail. :)"
show 6 hidden updates…