Martina the Book Fairy's Reviews > Heart Change

Heart Change by Robin D. Owens

862023
Feb 06, 2010

Read in July, 2014 , read count: 2

Heart Change is the 8th book in Robin D. Owens' Celta's HeartMates series.

The HeartMate series books take place on the faraway planet of Celta - a place where nearly everyone has some form of psychic power - or Flair. Sometimes the Flair of two people resonate in a particular way to create the much valued HeartMate relationship. Celta is a world with a complex society of classes, including the sentient Residences in the Great Houses and the psychic FamPets (FamCat, FamDog, FamFox - you get the picture).

In Heart Change we meet a new protagonist, Signet D'Marigold. Signet is the last of the Marigold family and though she has great Flair, the type is unknown. Until the young teenage prophet Vinnie T'Vine barges into her life claiming she is a Catalyst and is the key to saving the life of a highly-Flaired noble child, Avellana Hazel. Vinnie arranges for Avellana to stay with Signet until it is clear that Avellana is out of psychic danger. But that's not the only thing Vinnie arranges. He also arranges for a series favorite - Hawthorne family guardsman, Cratag Maytee, to be loaned to Signet as a bodyguard for Avellana. Suddenly, the previously empty and lonely D'Marigold Residence is full of the energy of multiple people, the ring of children's laughter, and possibly even a blooming love between Signet and Cratag. That is, if they can both overcome not only issues in their past, but the danger facing them and their young charge.

I LOVE this series. Along with Jayne Castle's GhostHunter series, it's one of my favorite of all times. I'm very much looking forward to Book 9 of the series, Heart Journey, due to be released in August 2010.

Similar series:
Jayne Castle's Ghosthunter series
Patti O'Shea's Jarved 9 series

BTW, if you know of other books similar to these series, PLEASE let me know! I can't get enough!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart Change.