Kallie 's Reviews > Sideways

Sideways by Rex Pickett

Feb 09, 10

bookshelves: kinda-funny
Read from February 08 to 09, 2010

I'm one of the those people who like to see movies based on books. Don't know why, I'm always disappointed due to the film leaving so much out. I understand the why of it but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
I was laughing from beginning to end. I had my own envisions (?) for what the characters looked like, their personalities and how the scenarios played out. Of course there's two underlying stories with each of the main characters and I found myself feeling really bad for Miles. I wanted to yell into the book at him and say "Get it together already you self loather!!". Jack on the other hand is a prematrimonial disaster but there in lies the humor. Makes you wonder (if you're the bride) what really goes on in a man's head before he gets married. I personally think I'd rather not know.
It's a great read whether you liked the movie or hated it. The book is much better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sideways.

02/08/2010 page 46
12.5% "Ahhh the ins and outs of wine country."
02/08/2010 page 211
57.34% "I can't stop reading it, I love it. Makes me laugh, I feel sorry for Miles poor guy can't catch a break to save his life. It's GOOD!"
show 1 hidden update…