Thomas's Reviews > A Bend in the Road

2018505
Feb 08, 10

bookshelves: romance, adult-fiction
Read from February 06 to 08, 2010

Nicholas Sparks does it again with A Bend in the Road. This book is about a police sheriff named Miles Ryan, who lost his wife Missy in a hit and run car accident three years ago. He has a seven-year-old son named Jonah, who has been suffering nightmares ever since the incident. One afternoon Miles has to go see Jonah's teacher for a parent-teacher conference. Jonah's teacher is the sweet and of course single Sarah Andrews who has recently gone through a heart-breaking divorce. They hit if off and soon they are falling in love.

I enjoyed A Bend in the Road. Although it was like a typical romance novel - fluffy, sweet, and has characters that are characterized entirely by their past heartbreak, it was still a good book. Sparks writing style doesn't utilize overly excessive romance terms, and is concise and to the point. The mystery was actually intriguing and the development of Jonah was cute. I just wish it was a little more original.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bend in the Road.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ralph This is the only book I've read by Sparks and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice light read. Are his other books good as well?

Thomas I loved his book A Walk To Remember, as did many of my friends. I think his most popular book is The Notebook, which is next on my Sparks to-read list.

Ralph I've been putting off The Notebook because of all the people who keep trying to force me to see the movie. I don't need to give them more fuel to make me see it. =P