Heather's Reviews > Last Snow

Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader

Feb 27, 10

Read from February 18 to 27, 2010

i found this book to be a major disappointment. Our hero is unique because he is dyslexic and this gives him an extraordinary ability to solve puzzles. That still doesn't leave the author off the hook for explaining the plot to the rest of us. The first third of the book is entertaining as we follow Jack, Annika the rougue Russian agent, and Alli the mentally damaged first daughter across the Ukraine, but things fall downhill fast. Annika is clearly an enemy from the moment she walks into the bar, there's no way you could believe Secret Service would let Alli gallavant across Ukraine with Jack and the characters are all 2-dimensional and uneblievable. Between Russian oligarchs, Annika's father, the Alizarin group, Ukraine oil interests, Russian-American politics, the impact of pyschological abuse, Jack talking to his dead daughter, General Brandt going off the reservation for who knows what, Paull and his family etc there were just too many separate aspects to this story that didn't come together in a meaningful way.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Snow.