Sally's Reviews > The Lacemaker and the Princess

The Lacemaker and the Princess by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: france, revolution, 1700s, royalty, nobility, childrens, princesses-and-similar, friendship
Read from March 24 to 25, 2012, read count: 1

What an absolutely lovely story! I wouldn't mind reading this one again. And interesting how Letty and the Stranger's Lace, which I read today, was also about a lacemaker. It's funny when things like that happen! Although this one was much more focused on the lace making, and I found it absolutely fascinating to learn about. It's 1788 in France and Isabelle is a lacemaker, just like her mother and her grandmother, with whom she lives. One day she is delivering lace to the palace... when a bit of danger and confusion leads to her being rescued from a mob by Marie Antoinette! Who then decides that Isabelle would make a lovely companion for her daughter, Thérèse. Thérèse calls Isabelle Clochette, and her other friend (Marie) Ernestine and at first Isabelle doesn't like this, but she soon grows quite accustomed to it - and accustomed to a LOT more, as she spends more and more time at the palace.

(view spoiler)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lacemaker and the Princess.

03/25/2012 page 65