Stephen Huang's Reviews > The Stolen Throne

The Stolen Throne by David Gaider

Feb 05, 10

bookshelves: advisory-2009-2010
Read in January, 2010

I really this book because it taught me a lot. This is the story that take place before the game, Dragon Age: Origins. When I play this game, I don't have to be confuse because when you play the game it doesn't tell much about the pre story so this really help me out. The book start out with the country of Ferelden occupied by the neighbouring Orlesian Empire. Queen Moira, who sought to expel the Orlesians has been killed by traitors, but her son Maric has escaped. While attempting to flee the assassins who killed his mother Maric encounters Loghain, who is part a band of Fereldan outlaws. Having no real alternatives, Maric joins up with them. However Maric is not able to stay at the outlaw camp long, as a force looking for Maric attacks. Yet, Loghain is able to lead Maric to safety by taking him to the Korcari Wilds, a region avoided by most due to its danger. Here they meet the mysterious Witch of the Wilds, who enables them to pass through the Wilds safely. She provides this help on the condition that Maric makes her a promise. What this promise is is unknown. Then he escape to the west and fell in love with Katriel. But there was a war that lead to a lot of bloodshed but then later on Katriel betray Marci and Marci have no chocie but to kill her because Loghain told Maric about the betray and Maric got hurt which lead to her death and Rowan marriage with Maric. After this Rowan have die because of disease and Loghain was a popular king.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stolen Throne.