Holly's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Feb 05, 2010

bookshelves: award-winners, character-development, empire, family, fatherhood, gossip, hand-to-hand-combat, magic, motherhood, mystery, paranormal, romance, royalty, science-fiction, self-discovery, sexual-tension, siblings, strong-females, survival, werewolves, vampire, young-adult
Recommended for: ya paranormal, ya romance, ya action
Read in June, 2010 , read count: 1

A solid and satisfactory ending to the trilogy. I am a happy reader.

Spoilers Ahead (Do Not Continue If You Haven't Read the Book)

Clare could have tightened up the first 1/3 of the book. The action really doesn't warm up until later in the book. Personally, I wanted the characters to bleed (emotionally and physically) just a little bit more. My heart didn't race like it could have during some of the more treacherous moments.

And Sebastian being the bad guy and Valentine's actual son was too telegraphed. I wish Clare would have introduced a couple other minor characters to throw the reader off the scent. It wasn't a surprise that Sebastian was up to no good. It left a hole in the story that could have been filled out with more back story or less and more mystery with a few other minor characters added into the mix.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.

Emily My cousin is obsessed with these books - she's recommended them to me. I'm contemplating putting the series on my list of to-reads.