Allen's Reviews > I Am Ozzy

I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne

Feb 05, 2010

Recommended to Allen by: I saw the book was out, I ordered it immediately from Amazon.
Recommended for: Anyone into Rock and Roll
Read from February 25 to March 02, 2010 — I own a copy

I've been a huge fan of Black Sabbath and Ozzy since the early 70's. I was way into this book and when it got to some of the parts that I'd read elsewhere over the years (probably Rolling Stone Magazine, etc..) I was happy to have the first person account of things. How the guitar player lost the tips of some of his fingers on his hand, how the band first got together (always facinating), how Ozzy got fired, how he met Sharon, how his career got re-booted....these were only some of the items I was eager to read in this book. I was not dissapointed! My only problem was the excessive mention of drugs and alcohol over and over in the book. Sure he did lots of this stuff, we get it.....anyway, over looking that, I was happy to finally get the info from Ozzy himself.

The book was strange, funny and gave you an insight into the crazy rock and roll days of the 70's and 80's in particular. I do agree with one of the reviews/comments to this book someone wrote, about how he should have talked more about the creation of the songs. The making of the albums etc...that could be another book in itself I guess. Though it seemed that most of the writing of the lyrics and the melodies/riffs were all created by other members of the band in most cases, though it seems that Ozzy had alot more interaction with the creative process after he left Black Sabbath.

Loved this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Ozzy.

02/05/2010 page 60