Kat's Reviews > Private Arrangements

Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas

Feb 04, 2010

bookshelves: fiction, girl-power, good-sex, romance, victorian
Recommended for: Folks who like Courtney Milan, Stephanie Laurens, and any surprising historical romance.
Read from January 31 to February 01, 2010

I'm madly in love with Sherry Thomas' writing style and her plots, as well as the lovely way she evokes the era. I will not blather on too much about this, as I did just fine doing so in this review of Delicious here, but I think I'll reiterate: she's amazing.

And the sex is so good.

My favorite part of this book was the way Thomas upheaved the traditional male/female roles, making such a strong, confident character out of Gigi and such a surprisingly vulnerable hero out of Camden. It's not something we often see, the woman having nearly all, if not all, of the power in the relationship, but that Gigi did. Camden had to rise to the occasion, prove himself her equal, even though in the traditional way of looking at it, he would have been her social superior. That was quite different from anything else I'd read, and wonderful.

And the ending, where we finally get our happily-ever-after, gave me perhaps the biggest damn, stupid-ass grin on my face ever. It was excellently written. I could really see what was going on in my head perfectly. Just a completely sensual reading. And even though I could tell it was corny, it didn't feel that way. It was just perfect and full of sass.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Arrangements.