Lindy's Reviews > The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International

Feb 22, 2010

bookshelves: continually-reading
Read in February, 2010

I have breast fed 3 children for a combined total of 4 1/2 years and I thought I knew pretty much everything about breast feeding - Nope! This book is an AMAZING breast feeding reference guide. It is also a great look at why breast feeding is important and how essential mother's milk is for babies.

This is one worth owning!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara What didn't you know, Lindy? Just curious - I'm having a hard time nursing Josh...weird, after nursing a total of about 6 years, I'd having so many problems! Problems like really poor milk supply.

Lindy Have you tried fenugreek? How often the baby latches on effects supply more than how long the baby is latched on (with in reason). With having more kids and more responsibilities sometimes the stress can effect supply. But I'm sure you know that!

Do you have a support group of nursing moms around you? Are you carving the time for nursing or is life too rushed? There are just so many factors. If you need to talk give me a call or message me and I'll call you. (I don't think I have your number.) These hitches can be so discouraging, but I promise that they do pass! :/

If you haven't read this book I would highly recommend either buying it or picking it up at the library for a refresher.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara I think I will pick it up. I need a refresher. I'm taking fenugreek now, plus Reglan (prescription from my doctor to increase milk). I'm hoping to get my supply up and then quit taking the Reglan and just continue with the fenugreek. I think it is helping a little. Any little bit helps! He's gaining weight just fine, and he has plenty of wet and poopy diapers, he just acts like he's hungry all the time! Even after I nurse him, he still acts hungry. It's quite stressful.

What is your number? We do need to catch up and chat, it's been quite awhile since we last talked! I think the last time was when KC's dad died, and that was last March. talk to ya later