Sarah's Reviews > Death of a Rug Lord

Death of a Rug Lord by Tamar Myers

Feb 04, 2010

did not like it
Read in February, 2010

As a huge fan of Myers' "Den of Antiquity" series, I was supremely disappointed with this particular book, for a number of reasons.

In comparison to the previous mysteries in this series, I found Death of a Rug Lord to be continually veering off into distraction. Such as the dialogue between the characters, which kept meandering off into what I think the author was trying to attempt at comedy routines. I became lost when Abby and one of the Rob-Bobs found the computer office at Kitty's house and we were spun upon a weird tangent with a 23-year old making out with a drag queen...? Huh? From that point on, it was extremely hard to stay on track with the "real" conversations because the goofiness was out of control. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE silliness and humor in books, but this was so far off the charts that it wasn't even enjoyable. It was like watching a corny junior high school play.

I lost interest in this book in its entirety less than halfway through, but I stuck with it because I'm a huge fan of this series and of Tamar Myers. Normally you can count on these books to help you through a tough day or just for plain, sheer enjoyment and relaxation.

I also really missed interaction with C.J. and Mozella Wiggins. Although they were both featured in this book, it wasn't enough to sate me. The Rob-Bob's are nice characters, but not electric enough to build an entire storyline involving them as prime characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death of a Rug Lord.