Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh"'s Reviews > Treason's Shore

Treason's Shore by Sherwood Smith

Feb 16, 10

bookshelves: not-enough-stars, assasins-badasses-ninjas
Read from February 04 to 16, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treason's Shore.

02/05/2010 page 10
1.45% "So good, but going to put down so that I can spend a little time with Gen!"
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viola (new)

Viola Gollum and Inda sittin' in a tree!
K I S S I N G!
First comes Love,
Then comes marriage...

Gollum + Inda=4EVER!!!!!

message 3: by Viola (new)

Viola What are you doing tonight? Or shall I say WHO are you doing tonight? HA! INDA??? Hee hee. Violey is a naughty girl. It's that darn Mercutio; he has influenced me with two trips to see his play. That's where I was today. NEWAYZ...G is gone and I can talk tonight if you are available. I don't want to tear you away from J or Inda. I really wish you would rent Bright Star and come over to watch it. Want to? Even if you could, I'm pretty certain you would never leave Inda for me. :)

message 4: by Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" (last edited Feb 04, 2010 03:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" I'm trying to decide whether we are going to see a movie (Mel's newbie), stay home and watch Zombieland or NY, I Love You, catch up on last season's Grey's, or read Inda. Decisions, decisions! However, if you lived close than the decision would be easy: Movie at Violey's!! Did you know that I have Bright Star at home too? We can watch it at the same time and be like John and Savannah in Dear John; both of us staring at the same moon, holding our thumb up to it and looking through one eye... GAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Btw, if I'm free, I will try to call you tonight!

message 6: by Viola (new)

Viola GAH! Why can't you stay home and talk to me? DOUBLE GAH! My Count Dooku eye is totally on you, little Sauron twin of mine. Grrr. And yes, I wish we could be like Savannah and John and the moon, but I don't actually have Bright STar in my posession, and it's not on demand. I wish I had planned better and stopped at Blockbuster after work! Boo! Next time, we'll work this out!

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Um, notice how talking to J was never one of options... Haha! Poor guy, he's always getting shafted.

message 8: by Viola (new)

Viola I wasn't on the list of choices either. Maybe I can call J and talk to him. We can diss on Inda all night! Ha!

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" Technically you were added to the list of choices on the next comment. ;)

I'm scared to tell you that I posted a review of Dear John on the movie thread. I don't want a face-off with Count Dooku to impede on my thoughts while I write up my Lost theories...

message 10: by Viola (new)

Viola Did you see Dear John? How? Did you not like it? I'll check your review. And no worries about it at all. No fights over this one. I'm pretty indifferent about it. Honestly, and this is pathetic, the only thing I'm really psyched up about with that movie is how cute CT is. :) I enjoyed it, but I'm not going bananas about it to anyone. It was a nice night out with Melis, and that was my favorite part about it. :) I needed that night out, and it was a fun girl evening. Know what I mean, Sauron???

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" I know what you mean, Dooku! The more I think about the movie, I more I don't like it. The best part was definitely CT's cute face and body, but that's about all the recommends it. :(

message 12: by Viola (new)

Viola Now, see, if you were going to put me on your agenda for this evening, we could discuss this movie. Instead, you have to go out and be super cool! Can you feel my Dooku stare? Can you? Newayz...were you annoyed with Savannah's character? I HATED her in the book and thought she was a thoughtless, selfish brat. GAH! The end of the book was different because her husband lived, and poor John was left alone. He gave them money, and it cured him. I was ticked at Nicholas Sparks because his next book wasn't about John. That boy needed something good to happen!

In the book, as is the case with almost all NS books, the characters, esp. Savannah, were SOOO perfect it drove you nuts. She didn't seem real or authentic to me because she wasn't flawed. I never liked her character in the book, but I LOVED John's character and was rooting for him the entire time. In the movie, I liked CT's portrayal, and I especially loved the end/hospital scene with his dad. If anything, I thought that scene showed he has potential as an actor. I thought the chemistry between CT and AS was good, but I thought the chemistry between CT and his father was great. That part made me cry. I also thought it was filmed well. Some of the shots were very pretty, and I loved the music.

message 13: by Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" (last edited Feb 04, 2010 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" I liked Savannah's character up until the point where she wrote John and told him she was getting married. I HATED her character after she told John the reason she got married. GAH!!!!!!!!!!! First, you try to create this unrealistic, PERFECT girl ("My vice is swearing in my head" *GAG*) who turns out to be even more perfect because she decides to marry a guy twice her age because he has an autistic son. NOT!!!! WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG with the screenwriters??!? Left Field, meet Jennifer. Jennifer, Left Field. DOUBLE GAH!

I mean seriously. The reasoning made no kinda sense, it was like the writers (or Sparks) decided to put in some crazy plot twist, one that would "surprise" the audience *gasp!* "She married the old next door neighbor friend!!" and create some psuedo-sentimental reason "But the neighbor has cancer! His poor disabled son!" for the two lovers not to be together. Hmmmm, geeeze, could she just have NOT married the guy and still given him ALL her and her family's money "We sold my family's beach house, which was a Godsend. And closed the school for troubled children." and John's money too? Because, you know, the coin collection was John's dad's legacy and all John had left of his dad, so OF COURSE it makes sense for him to sell it and give all the money to Tim so that he can have two more months with Savannah and his autistic son.

And then slap on some silly last scene where John and Savannah meet up in come coffee shop (intentional, incidental, who really gives a hoot…) and have their "HEA"?!?

Thank gah I never read the book this movie was based on.

(Oh, and I agree about the scene with John and his dad; it made both me and my friend boo-hoo a little. It was sad.)