Molly S's Reviews > Sleepaway Girls

F 50x66
Feb 06, 10

bookshelves: 7th-grade
Read in February, 2010

So, i didn't really like this book as much as i thought i would. Personaly i thought it was too teeny bopper-ish. And also everything was way too happy. When we were doing the lesson in class about how texts can change the way you think, someone brought up that reading a certain book, made them realize that life isn't perfect. I think that is absolutly true. Relationships don't always mend themselvs like they do in the book.

And never in my years of going to camp has a food fight ever started. I suppose it could happen but the whole set up in that scene was too Disney.

A couple days ago i was talking to Scarlett about this book and she said, "i don't think that's my type of book. It sounds like it doesn't really move forward" I agree because you can kind of tell what's gonna happen. But there's nothing that changes the situation except in the very end.

Although, I do like the fact that Ashley and Sam aren't friends. Like, they are willing to put their rivalry aside until the talent show is over.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepaway Girls.

02/04/2010 page 154