Charity's Reviews > I Am Charlotte Simmons

I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe

Nov 07, 07

bookshelves: big-uns, wtf, faves
Read in November, 2007

One of the best portrayals of college life in the Aughts ever written. The interweaving of the characters is masterful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Charlotte Simmons.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Would you recommend this? I always pick it up at the bookstore but have yet to actually walk out with it.

Charity For you, yes! Even though it does have some plot line involving athletes/sports (not your favorite subject), its central premise involves sex and sexual nature...which I know you'd appreciate.

The characters are not all that likeable (in fact, you'll probably hate most, if not all, of them by the end of the book), but you won't be able to keep from reading on about their sad, little lives. It really captures the college experience of the past 10 years.

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Excellent- I do love debauchery in nearly all of its forms. Mix that with some truly despicable characters and it sounds like the kind of book that I can really sink my teeth into (no pun intended given my recent binge of vampire books). I think I'm going to have to bump this higher up the list.