Jennie's Reviews > Grave Sight

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

Feb 05, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, read-in-february, nook-lendable
Read from February 03 to 04, 2010

reading the Sookie Stackhouse series, I wanted to read some more of Charlaine Harris’ books and this series sounded the best to me. I really enjoyed it…so much that I finished it within 24 hours of starting it! It is a shorter book, but it was fast paced and full of excitement. Harper is a special woman, she finds dead people…all over the place, every day of her life. They sort of connect with her but not in the traditional psychic way. Acting as her somewhat manager/bodyguard Harper’s brother is along for the ride as they travel the country working to find the dead bodies of those that want closure and answers. Finding dead bodies becomes the easy part; dealing with the living and their bi-polar reactions to her occupation is the hazardous part of her life. This book follows her journey through one job in a small Southern town that isn’t that easy to leave to the point of not being able to leave. While this isn’t quite as good as the Sookie books, I love the suspense and action. I also really like that Harper is both a butt-kickin’ and an insecure woman. She seems much more relatable and real this way!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Sight.