Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: vampire
Recommended to Amanda by: Josh
Recommended for: anyone who enjoys vampire novels.
Read in February, 2010, read count: 1

I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved that Laurell had a new twist on vampires. It was action packed. I can't wait to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Pleasures.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Laurell K. Hamilton
“He rewarded me with one of those brilliant smiles. If I had been less professional, it might have melted me into my socks. There was a tinge of evil to it, a lot of sex, but under that was a little boy peeking out, an uncertain little boy. That was it. That was the attraction. Nothing is more appealing than a handsome man who is also uncertain of himself. It appeals not only to the woman in us all, but the mother. A dangerous combination.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Never criticize, unless you can do a better job.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“It is a very natural human trait to destroy that which frightens us.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“An atheist waving a cross at a vampire was a truly pitiful sight.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Pity is an emotion that can get you killed. The only thing more dangerous is blind hate, and maybe love.”

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Nothing is more appealing than a handsome man who is also uncertain of himself.”
tags: men

Laurell K. Hamilton
“Violence has to become a part of your thinking. It makes you cautious, suspicious as hell, and lengthens your life expectancy.”

04/26/2012 page 54
20.0% "What was I thinking giving this book 5 stars. I have no fallen asleep 4 times within 54 pages. This book is going to be lucky to pull a 2 star rating. Why book club, Why? Don't make me do it!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* Are you sure it isn't because you've read it before? Maybe? *thinking positive*

Amanda The Book Slayer We can only hope. lol maybe it's because I really want to read Chasing Magic and not this book.

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* Lol, I can see that. I have had to keep that in mind with the other books I have been reading. Thinking "How much would I have liked this book/series before I found Downside?"

Sad.

Amanda The Book Slayer very sad and true.

Talk Supe i just finished this today and I'm ready to start book 2

Amanda The Book Slayer I think I liked book two better but I kinda lost momentum with book 3. Hope you enjoy!