J. King's Reviews > Talyn

1522041
Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: fiction-memoir, printed, life-expanding
Read from August 14 to September 14, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talyn.

08/26/2010 page 129
22.0% "So far, Talyn is in contention for my new all-time favorite book."
09/07/2010 page 251
42.0% "This book is ruining all other books for me. I should be angry at Holly for that, but somehow, I'm not."
11/14/2011 page 63
11.0% "On the second read through. It's just as good as I remember from the first time, only better (because I know what's going to happen)."
11/14/2011 page 63
11.0% " What a great story! "He still lived, when he had been sure he would die, and where life remained, hope was handmaiden.""
11/17/2011 page 195
33.0% "So much better the second time around. "Thank you that I was born Tonk... For the breath we take, and the bonds we share, we give thanks.""
11/18/2011 page 214
36.0% "The sex is graphic but not boring (like some bodice rippers I've rolled my eyes at). And the implications of this relationship, I suspected something the first time I read the book; now, they stick out like a sore thumb, and Talyn doesn't see them, because she sees only from her own perspective."
11/18/2011 page 226
38.0% "Love the distinction between Talyn's rational thought and her instinctive, emotional reactions, a distinction which can only be truly understood on a second reading."
11/19/2011 page 296
50.0% "Profound story. More about community on p. 286. And on p. 296: "... he was everything I detested in a human. And I had allowed myself to be blinded..." Profound."
11/19/2011 page 299
51.0% "Talyn allows her anger, hatred, and bitterness to dominate her thoughts, and her recklessness... Wow."