Aimee's Reviews > The Bronze Horseman

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

Oh. My. Goodness. I really don't know what to say about this book. The only think I can tell you is...read it.

I can't say that I have EVER so thoroughly connected with a character as I did with Tatiana. She starts off as an immature 17 year old. And you grow with her into a woman forced into womanhood by the trials she faces in the beginning of WW2. She is constantly handed the short end of the stick. She suffers not only from the war, but also by the hands of her loved ones, and a little from her own doing.

Alexander. At some points I absolutely loved him. At others I hated him. But in the end, how can you NOT love him. How can you not FEEL Tatiana's love for him and his for her. It was palpable! (Even if, at some points, you just wanted to bang your head against a wall and tell them to "Get over it already and just BE HAPPY!")

This story was beatiful, tragic, and absolutely enthralling. I honestly don't remember ever shedding this many tears over a book. Not always tears of sadness, though. Some parts of this book are just so beautifully moving that you can't keep it contained with just one emotion. Catharsus...a purging of emotions...that about sums it up. I must see if this story continues. I MUST KNOW MORE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bronze Horseman.

02/11/2010 page 55
8.38% "I've been lingering on the edge of tears for the past 20 pgs just for the injustice of her life! They all treat her as inconsequential!"
02/11/2010 page 106
16.16% "Heartbreaking, tragic, and beautiful. And I'm not even in the thick of it yet. I think I'm in for one emotional read!"
02/12/2010 page 349
53.2% "This is a really hard read. I've spent the majority of this book either crying, or fighting tears." 4 comments
02/13/2010 page 467
71.19% "Finally!! Some REAL happiness!"
02/14/2010 page 580
88.41% "I don't know why it says I'm finished....there's still at least 50 pages to go!" 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aimee Thank you. I really think you would like this one, Danielle.

Julie Aimee, what a wonderful review! This is one of my favorites. Glad you loved it too.:)

Kelly oh yes the story does go on
Tatiana and Alexander
The Summer Garden

Great review!

Aimee Thank you. I'm trying to get my hands on Tatiana and Alexander. Sadly, I may have to wait until it's re-released this summer. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. lol

Julie I ordered it on Amazon! Try it. :)

Aimee I'm headed there right now to see what I can find.

Chrissy12 Tatiana and Alexander maybe under as 'The Bridge to Holy Cross', because I thought they were all sold out as well and then I discovered that the name changed for the second book.
Hopefully then you will be able to find it.
oh and loved your review, absolutely spot-on true!!

Aimee Thank you, Chrissy. I'm going to have to look for it under that name, too.

Chrissy12 No problem, I hope u find it! :)

Felicity I felt exactly the same way. So emotionally gripping.

Aimee Felicity wrote: "I felt exactly the same way. So emotionally gripping."

My sister got tired of listening to me rave about this book. So she just ordered it. I can't wait to see her reaction to it.

message 14: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Great review! I felt the exact same way.

Aimee Thanks, Sara!