Mary's Reviews > Deeper Than the Dead

F_50x66
Feb 02, 10

bookshelves: just-finished
Read from January 29 to February 02, 2010

One a day in 1985 in Oak Knoll, Calif., 10 yr old Tommy Crane and his friend, 10 yr old Wendy Morgan, are running from the class bully, 11 yr old Dennis Farman, through a local park when Tommy falls near the head of a dead woman buried up to her neck. Oak Knoll is a quiet community where crime is not a problem, but a serial killer is on the loose who's already murdered and tortured several women. Fifth-grade teacher Anne Navarre, who tries to comfort Tommy and Wendy, is soon at the center of the investigation being led by an FBI agent.

Its interesting to read a book set before the current technology that is available now The twists and turns in this novel were great. I’ve read several mystery/thriller books before and the person to blame is usually the one that is more in the background of everything. Although there were a lot of characters, it was easy to keep everyone straight. The very end of the book had many questions that were left unanswered, leaving you to think that there may be a sequel. This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I look forward to reading her other books. This is definitely a good book to curl up with. I finished it in 5 days and have 2 other books I am reading also.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper Than the Dead.